The Bob Mizer Foundation will be undergoing a major expansion that will nearly quadruple its current space from 1,200 square feet to 4,800 square feet. The new space, which is has been donated by our good friends Trent Dunphy and Robert Mainardi at The Magazine, will enable the Foundation to continue their legacy and:
- Commerce our long planned exhibition schedule.
- Be open to the public.
- Add a book/gift shop along with visitor services.
- Develop our educational programming.
- Improve our collection storage and volunteer powered archival spaces.
- Provide a quiet area for research and develop a reference library.
- Continue our mission while building a destination exhibition space on par with other small, excellent museums in San Francisco.
Dennis Bell, Director and Founder of the Bob Mizer Foundation remarked, “Since I acquired his estate in 2003, I’ve envisioned building a research institution dedicated to masculinity in photography, anchored by Bob Mizer’s pioneering legacy,” said Bell. “Bob and Trent’s gift puts this dream on the fast track. Their own legacy and dedication to the preservation of physique photography is a perfect match to the Foundation’s mission, and I couldn’t be more excited to call The Magazine our new home.”